- DisplayPort Active Optical Cable
- DP A Male to DP A Male
- Supports 8K@60Hz or 4K at 120/60 or 30Hz
- Up to 32Gbps
- DisplayPort 1.4
- HBR 3
- Metal Connectors
- 4 Fibre cores / 8 Copper cores
- Cable Outer Diameter 4.8mm
- CPR rated (The CPR defines several classes that indicate the impact of cables on the spread of fire)
- ECA Rated (Eca cables can safely be installed in buildings that have Basic building fire safety requirements in some regions this class is used for general installs.)
- LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen)
- This cable must be connected with the Source connector & Display connector connected the correct way round
DisplayPort V1.4 is capable of 8K at 60Hz and is backwardly compatible with all previous displayport connections. This cable is suitable for 4K resolutions at 120 60 or 30Hz as well as older 1080P or 720P displays. What is AOC?
AOC is short for Active Optical Cable which is the latest in cabling technology. AOC removes the copper conductors and replaces them with fibre optical cores and a small transmitter and receiver in the connectors. Copper cores still remain to carry power along the cable.
Why Professionals Are Choosing AOC?
- The use of fibre optical cores allows the cable to be thinner and lighter
- The barriers of cable length is no longer a problem
- By using fibre optical cores EMC interference from power cables and lighting is no longer an issue. The cables also produce much less EMC themselves
- No signal loss over long distances
- No extenders boosters or runs of CAT5e needed. These simply connect to your host and device like a standard cable