Version 2.0 Description
Audio/Video connection cable with HDMI gold plated plugs for transmission of digital audio and video signal. Function summary:
HDMI Ethernet channel Audio return Channel 3D over HDMI 4K x 2K Resolution Support Expanded Support for colour spaces Specifications
99.9% Pure OFC Copper Cable Heavy Duty Die-cast 24k Gold Plated Connectors Silver cast injection hood Individually screened cable RoHS Compliant Backwardly compatible with version 1.2 and 1.3 The HDMI standard just got a lot more powerful with new capabilities designed to push the boundaries of the HD experience - both in the home and on the go.
- Here are the major enhancements introduced in the HDMI 1.4 specification:
- HDMI Ethernet Channel - Adds high-speed networking to an HDMI link allowing users to take full advantage of their IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
- Audio Return Channel - Allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data \ inchupstream\ inch to a surround audio system eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- 3D Over HDMI - Defines input/output protocols for major 3D video formats paving the way for true 3D gaming and 3D home theatre applications.
- 4K x 2K Video Support - Enables video resolutions far beyond 1080p supporting next-generation displays that will rival the Digital Cinema systems used in many commercial movie theatres.
- Additional Colour Spaces - Adds support for additional colour models used in digital photography and computer graphics.
- HDMI Micro Connector - A new smaller connector for phones and other portable devices supporting video resolutions up to 1080p.
- Automotive Connection System - New cables and connectors for automotive video systems designed to meet the unique demands of the motoring environment while delivering true HD quality.